Visa Requirement, Validity, Costs & Application Process
“The Employment-Based Immigrant Visas enable foreign employees who have met an employer ready to hire them to come to the United States freely and work even without an Employment Authorization Document.”
WHAT IS EB3 VISA?
EB3 is the third choice of employment-based immigrant visa in the United States. It is one of five employment-based green card classes that allow foreign experts to reside permanently in the United States. It is intended for three types of candidates: skilled workers, professionals, and unskilled or other workers. If you fulfill the criteria for one of the three categories, you may be eligible for the EB3 Visa
- Skilled workers
Those have at least two years of work experience or training.
Those who can present a higher academic degree or its equivalent, such as a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Unskilled workers
Those with less than two years of job experience.
People who do not qualify for the EB1 or EB2 green card categories may use the EB3 Visa to come and work in the United States because of its comparatively simple qualifying standards. Therefore, the requirements are less restrictive than EB1 and EB2 green card visas. However, the processing time may be much longer.
“EB3 visas now account for 28.6 percent of all employment green cards issued. This equates to around 40,000 EB3 visas issued each year.”
What are the EB3 VISA requirements?
People who want to come to the United States as Skilled workers must:
- Demonstrate that there is no available workforce in the United States for their position.
- Have got a job offer from a company situated in the United States.
People who want to come to the United States as Professionals must be:
- Performing a role where no competent workers in the United States are available. You must have sufficient employment experience in your professional area.
- Have bachelor’s degree from a US institution or a foreign degree equivalent from any nation.
People who want to come to the United States as Unskilled workers must be:
- Going to perform a role that no worker in the US is available for
- Willing to do permanent and non-seasonal unskilled labour.
The following documents are required for your EB3 visa application.
- An international passport with a validity period of at least six months.
- Two passport-sized photos that match the criteria of the US visa.
- Fulfilled Form I-140 and Form I-907, if applicable.
- Form I-140 and Form I-907 fee invoice, if applicable.
- Birth certificate.
- Government-issued identity, such as a driver’s licence.
- Labour certification issued by the United States Department of Labour.
- Job offer from an employer
- Documents proving academic qualifications.
- Documents related to tax payments
What are the Benefits of the EB3 Visa?
There are several advantages to obtaining an EB3 visa. Here are just a few of them:
- You are eligible for permanent residence in the United States
The EB3 visa allows qualified applicants to obtain permanent residency in the United States. Becoming a permanent resident has numerous advantages. Some of these benefits include the flexibility to change jobs and travel more freely.
- The requirements are less stringent than for many other types of permanent residence visas
This indicates that some people who are ineligible for other types of visas may be suitable for the EB3 visa.
- Your spouse and dependent children are allowed to come to the United States
Your spouse and any dependent children are welcome to join you on the EB3 visa. Dependent children are any of your single children under the age of 21.
What is the EB3 processing time & cost?
The overall processing time for EB3 is based on a number of factors. These factors include the USCIS Centre you choose, the country or region you are from, and the circumstances of your application. The total processing period for an EB3 visa might range from one to three years. However, due to the yearly visa cap, applicants from certain countries may have to wait up to 6 years.
There are multiple costs associated with the EB3 visa application. The fees listed below are valid as of the date of publication. However, they are subject to change, and you should double-check that the costs have not changed.
- I-140 Petition filing charges: $700
- DS-261 processing charges: $445
- Other charges, such as medical examinations, translations, and photocopying, vary case by case.
Your sponsor may speed up the EB3 Visa processing time by paying an extra $1,410 fee. Instead of six months, the I-140 will be processed in 15 days. However, it might not be helpful if your permit priority date is still not current.
HOW LONG IS EB3 VALID FOR?
“Since the EB3 Visa is a permanent resident visa, it never expires. You are directly eligible for a green card.”
When granted, your EB3 visa will be valid for ten years. Remember that this is not the same as extending a non-immigrant visa, which requires you to file a new petition and successfully re-qualify for the visa.
For a green card, just fill out an I-90 form to get your green card updated for $455 plus an $85 biometrics charge. This is also the procedure to follow if your green card has been misplaced, lost, broken, or destroyed and you need a renewal.
EB3 Visa Denial
An EB3 visa application may be refused for a variety of reasons. The most typical are fraud and misinterpretation of facts. Some unqualified applicants try to get visas by presenting fake documents and data. This is not recommended since it may affect your chances of obtaining a visa in the future.
Your proposal can also be refused if you have any criminal records. This includes drug smuggling, armed robbery, and other crimes committed in your native country or any other foreign country. If you outstayed your prior visa in the United States, your application may be rejected.
“The EB3 visa offers many benefits, but it is also evident that the procedure might be long. A lot will depend on your eligibility and the country from where you are applying.”
The EB3 visa is a kind of visa that permits qualified applicants to acquire permanent residence. You should now have a much better knowledge of the EB3 visa, including the advantages, qualifying criteria, processing time, cost, and requirements.